From the fast-track anchors to sell the goods to play the game to talk about the consumption characteristics after 85 and 95.
Editor’s note: This article is from WeChat public account “Products meet operations” (ID :alden_xu), author Xu Yupeng, original title: talk about new retail (14): after 85, after 95.
Starting from the case of fast-selling live sales
Yesterday, I was having a meal with the product manager of the vibrato, and chatted about the fast-moving anchors. Considering that the distribution of fast-acting user groups is mainly post-85 (about 55%) and post-95 (about 28%), I feel that this case is a good example of the characteristics and preferences of these two generations of consumers, especially the post-85 generation.
Quick User Age Distribution (Source: iResearch)
First make a simple science popularization for readers who are not familiar with the fast-track anchors.
There are a lot of head anchors in the fast-handed, and there are a large number of fans (fast-handed term “old iron”) to watch each live broadcast. During the live broadcast, the anchor will continue to receive rewards and form a reward list. After the deadline for the entire list of rewards, the anchor will give back to the top of the list, for them to “swear” – invited to join the live broadcast, let them expose in front of the old iron. If there is an e-commerce, it will appeal to Laotie to pay attention to it and generously purchase its products for its “explosion”.
Quicker’s anchor e-commerce sells goods
In the above picture, the left side is the anchor window, interacting with the merchant, and the right side is the successful business window of the list, is introducing her goods and selling goods (as if she has been chopped by the anchor to chop down ).
In the process of selling live goods, the anchor will continue to help his “old iron” to slash the price (I guess most of the anchors and merchants communicate with the impromptu performance after the reserve price), there may be quarrels in the process. Crying, the merchant finally shed tears to accept the selling price of the anchor. Compare the price of the same product on the mainstream platform, this price is often less thanhalf. At this point, the anchor will appeal to the emotionally over-the-top irons to place orders to buy goods, thus forming a large number of impulse orders. Merchants not only have the opportunity to earn money back on the list, but also get a lot of attention.
Businesses must be able to successfully hang up the list, rewarding hundreds of thousands to hundreds of thousands is a conventional order of magnitude, and even derived the means of “stealing towers” (similar to the auction of the last countdown stage bidding), while the head anchor In such a live broadcast of goods, it is not an exaggeration to sell tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of orders.
We see this play method feature as follows:
1. The product has an endorsement of the anchor, and the old irons have reduced their concerns about quality. In the early days, many anchors helped the fake and inferior merchants to sell fakes. The merchants ran away and the reputation of the anchor was seriously damaged. Therefore, many head anchors will collect the deposit and even review the products before the live broadcast. However, this operation varies from person to person and there is uncertainty.
2. Many products are so-called “original” products or high-imitation goods. The quality may be qualified, but there is often no brand authorization, so there will be such low prices. Of course, consumers are mostly aware of it. This also led to the quick-selling list of people selling goods called “ground stalls.”
3. The merchant spends hundreds of thousands of high prices to brush the list. If the number of sales orders is not ideal, the merchants will either lose money or sacrifice the quality of the goods to reduce losses. Therefore, some of the anchors will stipulate the maximum amount of the list, so as to ensure that the merchants can make a reasonable reward, thereby ensuring the interests of the merchant and the consumer.
4. The most important point is the interaction between the anchor and the merchant during the live broadcast. It will be full of passion and entertainment. It is also very common for the anchor and the merchant to quarrel (the human-side on-the-spot preference for quarrel), of course, the anchor Usually will win, the business will even cry, in this case, the old irons may be up with the mood, feeling that the price has broken through the bottom line, thus generating a strong consumer impulse.
Vibrato actually tries to copy this way, but the effect is not ideal. Behind this, there may be a large relationship between the user characteristics caused by the user level and the city line level difference of the vibrato.
From the above example, we see that this consumer group (mainly after 85) is characterized by:
1. Consumer behavior is highly influenced by the personality characteristics of the anchor, and is due to people. In other words, the purchase scene is highly personalized and personal.
2. Impulsive consumption characteristics are obvious.
3. The entertainment of the shopping process is outstanding.
4. Price strength is still the core element.
So far, we have seen a lively group consumption characteristic on paper.
This refers to the generation born between 85 and 95. It is now between the ages of 24 and 34. The total number of people in China is about 220 million, accounting for 15.7%..
This group has changed greatly in terms of independence, autonomy, self-promotion and other performances. Some of them are entering the middle management of various industries and have begun to achieve certain achievements. The leader of the times. The current widely-recognized description of the post-85 is “The leader of fashion and fashion, the advocate of autonomy and creativity, the fanatics of entertainment and self-expression”.
The life characteristics of this age group are:
1. Growing up in the age of only children, growing up in an environment where social goods are rapidly enriched and family resources are exclusive.
2. Work ability and responsibilities are in a period of rapid rise, with a heavy workload and high pressure.
3. Rapid income growth, increasing purchasing power, the overall far exceeds 95, but has not yet reached the peak of life.
4. It may be before or after the marriage, there is the pressure to buy a house to buy a car to become a family, or just a parent, a child is young, in the “can not let the child lose on the starting line” education commercial marketing concept and “theatrical effect”, The burden is heavy.
Although the post-85 spending power is still far from the post-70s, if you only look at the online part, the amount of consumption after 85 basically catches up with 70, and the frequency is far ahead. In other words, the Internet’s main consumer group is led by 85. The post-85 consumption style presents the following characteristics:
1.After 85, pay more attention to quality, focus on brand, focus on feeling, and focus on quality of life. The proportion of non-demanding expenditure has increased substantially, and it is willing to spend money to pursue a more quality and tasteful life.
For example, I would rather buy a brand of clothes than a lot of miscellaneous clothes, preferring to buy food in a box-quality fresh supermarket instead of a vegetable market. I prefer to buy daily necessities in a convenience store instead of a big supermarket. The remaining meals are more likely to be dumped instead of being placed in the refrigerator. Please wait for the hourly worker or the live-in caregiver to be the standard of life. They will purchase and regularly change the flowers at home or work stations, and pay more attention to the sense of life and willing to pay for it.
2. Impulse consumption increased and planned consumption decreased. Buy things more casually, and small items will be purchased naturally. However, because of the heavy burden of life and the possibility of not having rich savings, the post-85s are more price-sensitive than the post-95s. They are still pursuing promotions, big promotion, and cost-effectiveness without sacrificing quality.
3.SocialHigher spend. A lot of usual consumption is for entertainment, eating, singing, drinking tea, driving by car. After 85, I like to be busy, mostly in my spare time.Call friends and friends, go out for leisure and entertainment. Due to changes in the concept of consumption, it is more accustomed to “AA system” or “rotation system” after 85.
4.In the consumer category, it is more emphasis on maternal and child, car, home appliances, digital, catering, and travel. Because of strong spending power and easier acceptance of new things, higher attention has been paid to high-priced technology trends, such as SLR cameras, new energy vehicles, and smart watches. Other generations.
5.Investment tendencies are more obvious. In the economy, there is a certain amount of savings after the 85s. Compared with the post-70s savings preference style, after 85, they are more willing to invest and take risks to gain higher returns.
In addition, it is worth mentioning that the brand concept of the post-70s and post-85s to 95s continues to change. According to the consumer insight report jointly released by Vipshop and iResearch, the differences between the core concepts of the brand and the TGI index are as follows:
Note: TGI Index = [% of a characteristic group in the target group / proportion of groups with the same characteristics in the population] * Standard number 100.
From the above picture, we can see that the choice of the brand is more practical after the 85th, and the product will be carefully compared and screened according to the quality appeal of the product. It is not as loyal and superstitious as the brand after 70, but it is even more after 95. Pay attention to the gold content of the brand. From this feature we can see the difference between the three generations of branding:
70 is loyal to the brand. The brand needs more powerful strength and time to precipitate.
85 is loyal to quality. Brands need to win trust through marketing, word of mouth and actual quality.
After 95, the pursuit of design and new wave. The chances of a new brand with a distinct personality are greater.
From the above explanation, we can see that for the consumption guidance of the post-85 group, it is necessary to highlight the quality and brand in the merchandise, and to establish the aesthetic and tonality in the marketing material, and the price needs to highlight the cost performance. The need to reflect personality and entertainment, the degree of comprehensiveness is high, but once triggered the impulse of consumption, 85 will show strong spending power.
95 (Z Generation)
Over the years, I have been feeling more and more ignorant of new and new human beings, and therefore I have also studied the characteristics of the latest generation of consumers. Let’s take a look at it. How much are you familiar with the following words?
95 is a more general statement, It can be considered that after 95 years of age, the total number is about 380 million, and consumption accounts for 6.6%. However, this article mainly discusses a new generation of consumers. From the perspective of consumption, under 10 years old is not an independent consumer, so more people will go to see people born in 1995-2009. This generation is also known as the “Z generation” in Europe and the United States, or the Internet generation.
The first generation of this generation has or has just taken up a job and started to own their own income, but a large proportion is still on campus and belongs to the student group. The source of income is mainly based on parental supply. Of course, parents often also specify the main purpose. There are fewer parts that you can completely control, and you don’t need to worry too much about food and clothing. Therefore, expenses are mainly in satisfying your own interests, such as toys, virtual goods (music, games, etc.), electronic products, and personal interest products.
According to Tmall’s “After 95 Players’ Handouts”, we can see that five consumer categories, such as hand-made, tide shoes, e-sports, Cosplay and photography, are the hottest and most popular among 95-year-olds. The five hobbies of “burning money.”
The first reaction I saw on this list was…
- The first thing in the hand is a thing called “blind box”? ! Then, if our e-commerce puts a bunch of long tails in a box and sells them blindly, it creates the effect of “I am not surprised? Not unexpected?”, I don’t know how. . . Of course, I certainly don’t promise “no surprises, no reason to return.”
- Why do you only see tide shoes? Classmates don’t look at clothes better than shoes? And it’s more important than the game. . .
- Cosplay is so hot? Didn’t see the costumes of the street, or Xiong Da, Xiong Er, and Decepticons. . .
If you recall the mainstream of the consumption of my classmates in my childhood, it should be the four categories of snacks, toys, comic strips, and game halls. Nowadays, the toy is changed to the hand, the game becomes e-sports, and everything else is something that does not understand. Of course, occupational diseases let me goAfter a study, combined with the thinking of “people, goods, and fields”, I saw a whole new world.
In the case of tide shoes, I asked some students, why don’t hesitate to buy expensive shoes instead of sight-looking clothes? The feedback from the students is that because more time is spent on campus with classmates, everyone can only wear school uniforms according to school regulations, and can’t bring mobile phones, so there is no room for personality on clothes.
Therefore, shoes, school bags, and accessories have become one of the few things that students can show their personality and even show off each other. Many students still have some savings from lucky money or red envelopes, so expensive shoes are an important consumer category for students.
Go back to our theme and talk about the post-95 consumption style.
Note: From the Vipshop and iResearch, “Flower Generation, Post-95 Fashion Consumption Trend Report”
Thought for creative and personal after 1.95, relatively even the brand is even more important. Because, I will change it next year. It’s hard to attract them without novelty and fun. They are not arrogant about the brand, but they prefer products that are novel in style and cater to their own personality.
Under the love of parents, in the era of electronic information, the post-95s consumption concept is more public and independent. A very representative example: I am a friend after 70, ask her prostitute after 95, you have so many lipsticks, how to use it? The prostitute replied, why should I run out?
2.The online shopping penetration rate is extremely high and the frequency is amazing. 63.9% of the e-commerce platform is used every day after 95, and 10% of the 95s are placed every day after 95. This is not surprising, after all, is the digital generation of the Internet generation.
3. The economic outburst of the face value, the beauty category is deeply loved and widely penetrated into the male group after 95. Men’s significant increase in beauty consumption, the core category is mask and skin care products. Statistics show that about 18.8% of post-95 boys use BB cream and lipstick/lipstick, and even 8.8% of boys use eyebrow pencil/eyeliner. This new trend will bring new potential and brand changes to the industry.
4. “Growing grass” generation. Decentralization and peer-to-peer communication, becoming the core social and information acquisition tool after the 95s, shopping on rich and diverse social media